To Our Goodwill Community,
Our priority – now and always—is the health and safety of our Goodwill team members, shoppers, donors, partners and their families. We continue to monitor the evolving updates related to coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our local communities and are proactively doing everything we can to keep our stores open and provide you with a safe and clean place to shop and donate.
While this is a unique and difficult time, we are committed to serving our employees, community and the customers who depend on us. Our retail stores are crucial to our social enterprise model that utilizes revenue from our collection of thrift store locations to fuel workforce development programs and services for individuals here in Orange County. With your support, we are able to continue providing these life-changing services with little to no disruption as we navigate this unprecedented time.
We have taken several measures to keep our stores clean and safe.
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitization protocols are in place.
Cleaning emphasis on “high touch” areas like door handles, countertops, shopping carts, restrooms, credit card machines, etc.
- Staff are required to wash their hands frequently.
We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and our local agencies to align with health authority recommendations.
- Within our organization, we have made several proactive decisions and are communicating daily with our team members, providing up-to-the-moment information to keep employees and their families healthy and safe.
- All company travel is suspended for the time being.
- All large meetings and events have been transitioned to teleconferencing options or rescheduled until further notice, and most in-person meetings are being done via phone or video.
- We have established a toll-free hotline to answer any and all questions and concerns from our employees about COVID-19.
- As school closures and changes are happening, we are working hand-in-hand with our team members to find solutions as these dismissals are affecting daily routines.
We appreciate your support of Goodwill and our greater mission as we navigate these unique times.
In service to you and our mission,
President & CEO
Goodwill of Orange County