Today’s Job Match Q&A, we get to meet Aaron!
With the support from our Employment WORKS program, Aaron was able to polish up his skills, resume, and land TWO jobs!
1. What is your first name, where do you work, and what is your job title?
My name is Aaron, and I work as a Guest Services Associate at Knott’s Berry Farm and a Sales Associate at Big Lots.
2. What was your biggest barrier to getting back to work?
My biggest barrier was trying to make a new resume that looked nice enough for companies to want to interview or hire me.
3. How did Goodwill Employment WORKS help you get back to work and maintain your job?
They helped by giving me job leads each week and also in giving me tips, tricks and advice for interviewing.
4. What is it like being a Guest Services Associate and a Sales Associate?
It makes me happy because I like helping other people, and it can be fun at times as well.
5. How is working improving your quality of life today?
I am able to keep myself fed and healthy and pay my bills.
6. What is your final message to anyone contemplating getting back to work?
Just because you get turned down from one job doesn’t mean that you’ll get turned down from the next one. You won’t find out until you give it a shot.