blog post

Salvador’s Second Chance

April 7, 2021

We’ve all made mistakes.

Many of us just need a second chance.

For youth who have been involved in the justice system, Goodwill of Orange County can provide just that – a second chance to succeed.

Goodwill’s Young Adult Life Launch Program, or YALL for short, offers local youth ages 18 – 24 who have been involved in the justice system with the opportunity to begin a new chapter in their lives, starting with finding a job. 

Once enrolled, the program provides a variety of services, including paid work experience, job placement assistance, educational and GED assistance, legal assistance, and housing.

For Salvador, YALL gave him the chance to start over.

Determined to overcome his past and be a positive role model for his siblings, Salvador was eager to find work to help support his family. All he needed was someone who saw past his record to his potential.

Salvador’s manager Ted looked beyond his past and gave him a job as an Ecommerce Clerk for Already, his job has brought a shift in confidence and instilled purpose in him.

Salvador at workplace

In the same way that Salvador takes pride in his job, many others have found purpose and support from the YALL program.    

If you or someone you know has been involved in the justice system and are a resident of Santa Ana between the ages of 18 and 24, contact us today using this form.

You deserve a second chance. 

The Goodwill® Young Adult LifeLaunch 2.0 Reentry Program is made possible with a $4.5 million grant award, covering 88 percent of operating costs, from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. Goodwill is contributing leveraged funding valued at $597,241 to cover the remaining 12 percent of operational costs.

Discover what’s new at Goodwill OC.

Stay updated on our latest news, events and ways to get involved with our newsletter.